So you got yourself a beefy aftermarket rear and when you went to re-install your rear sway bar you realized you had a problem, it doesn't fit! We have the solution.
Aftermarket rears dish out a few problems that need to be dealt with in order to install the rear sway bar. The first problem is they use a larger o.d. axle tube compared to the OEM rear, thus the stock u-bolts and saddles won't work. The second is that the torque arm mounting pad hangs much lower than on the stock rear, and the sway bar hits it, preventing installation onto the axle tubes.
What our kit provides:
- Proper diameter and longer length heavy-duty 7/16" u-bolts
- CNC formed 3/16" thick u-bolt saddles with laser cut teeth to securely grip the axle tubes
- Proper length polyurethane end links
What our kit does is space the sway bar below the torque arm mounting pad. It includes the proper diameter u-bolts and saddles, and their heavy duty construction matches the abuse they will take on your new heavy-duty rear. The supplied longer length polyurethane end links provide for proper geometry to be maintained at the sway bar's new mounting location.
Due to the larger diameter u-bolts required for the sway bar installation, your stock sway bar bushings can not be used. You will need to use polyurethane bushings that have the large, slotted, universal mounting holes. If you do not already have polyurethane sway bar bushings, you can add them right on to your order below.
The kit comes with a durable, brilliant, powder coated finish to make things look really trick! Entire kit is a complete bolt-in installation, no welding required!
Selecting the proper kit:
- Strange Engineering Rears use the 3" diameter axle tubes kit
- Moser Engineering 12 Bolt Rear uses the 3" diameter axle tubes kit
- Ford 9" Rears - Moser Engineering Ford 9" rears manufactured after early 2002 use a 3" diameter axle tube. Moser Engineering Ford 9" rears manufactured prior to early 2002 use a 3.25" diameter axle tube. Other brand Ford 9" rears vary, you should check your axle tube diameter before ordering.