Includes injectors and fuel system upgrade.The A&A Supercharger kit brings you dramatic increases in power while not degrading everyday drivability or highway gas mileage! The system utilizes a large blow off valve that remains open at cruise and light throttle. This, essentially, allows the supercharger to “freewheel” under normal conditions, reducing parasitic loss to less than that of an alternator.
A naturally aspirated engine would require higher compression, a very aggressive camshaft, high flow cylinder heads with heavy duty valvetrain, exhaust headers with free flowing exhaust, larger throttle body, high flow intake manifold, free flowing air filter housing and duct, etc. Most of these parts are NOT emissions legal. The price of these components alone is higher than a supercharger system. The labor to install these is also much higher. Then there are the inherent problems brought to the vehicle by such a build. A large camshaft all but ruins everyday drivability AND gas mileage. Driving in traffic becomes a very trying experience. A stick shift car will buck and surge and an automatic car will be hard to hold back because of the increased idle speed required. Low speed torque is reduced with an aggressive camshaft which will require lower differential gearing and a high speed stall torque converter (automatic cars) to make up for it. This further degrades drivability and gas mileage. With all the components required for a high performance naturally aspirated car, the degradation in drivability and gas mileage, the total inability of the vehicle to pass emissions tests and the added expenditure, the vehicle would STILL have up to 100HP less than a stock Corvette with one of our standard systems bolted on.
Average increase TO THE REAR WHEELS is approximately 175 RWHP! No other modification, in this price range, even comes close.
Si-Trim?, T-Trim?, YSi-Trim?
- The Si-Trim is our standard unit and is recommended for all stock engines or engines with mild modifications only. (headers, camshaft, etc.) The Si-Trim is easily capable of 650 RWHP on a mildly modified engine. We see no reason to use a larger supercharger if your aspirations are 650 RWHP or less.
- The T-Trim is recommended for applications up to 750 RWHP. The T-Trim can utilize smaller pulleys and make more boost and power than the Si-Trim.
- The last model is the YSi-Trim. This model is a V-7 which is not self contained. It has straight cut gears and is louder than the V-2 and V-3 units. The YSi is for extremely high output applications and is not recommended for engines with stock pistons.
- The Si and T-Trims are available in two different models. The V-2 Si and V-2 T-Trim superchargers are lubricated with pressurized engine oil. No oil changes will be necessary. Each V-2 kit is supplied with a supply line and fitting, a return line and a special tool to cut a clean hole in the oil pan. The Corvette oil pan is aluminum and of sufficient thickness to allow threads to be tapped in the wall to seal the return fitting. There is no danger of oil leaks if installed according to our instructions.
- The V-3 Si and V-3 T-Trims are basically the same units but are self contained. Each has a sump, holding 4 oz. of supercharger oil and do not require and oil feed or return lines. You will need to change the oil in the supercharger periodically, however. Fortunately the V-3 head units have a convenient drain line attached to the bottom of each unit. This makes oil changes very simple. Both V-2 and V-3 models have helical cut gears and are considered to be very quiet.
To obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) please call us at 512-863-0900. No returns will be accepted without an RMA number! Please include a copy of the original receipt with the return. All returns must be postage paid. No COD or Freight collect returns will be accepted. All returns must be packaged properly; we are not responsible for damaged returns that resulted from improper packing. Shipping charges are not refundable. All return orders will be charged a 20% Restocking Fee.
You may return any parts to Texas Speed & Performance within 30 days from your date of order. No returns will be accepted after the 30 days have expired. All parts to be returned must be in their original condition. Texas Speed & Performance is not responsible for installation errors or damage due to improper installation or abuse. Parts damaged due to improper installation or abuse, are not returnable, and we are not responsible for any labor expenses, towing, rental car, or other expenses caused by the use of wrong or defective parts during installation. Labor charges by Non-Texas Speed & Performance facility are not covered. It is the installer's responsibility to verify correctness of all parts prior to installation. Shipping charges are not refundable. All return orders will be charged a 20% Restocking Fee.
All defects in workmanship done by Texas Speed & Performance may be returned for repair, replacement or credit. All repair work will be performed by Texas Speed & Performance. Any unauthorized work done will void any warranty, repair, replacement, or credit that would normally be covered and will render the item as non-returnable.
Non-Returnable Parts: Special-Order Parts, Installed Parts, Painted Parts, and Custom Made Parts cannot be returned for credit for any reason. Electrical parts are not returnable for credit if plugged in or unsealed for any reason. Installed parts and electrical parts are only covered against manufacturer defects and are subject to a warranty exchange only, at the manufacturer's discretion. Labor charges by Non-Texas Speed & Performance facility are not covered.
When ordering parts and accessories for vehicles still under the manufacturer's warranty, it is the vehicle owners responsibility to ensure that the warranty will not be adversely affected by the installation of these parts. If in doubt, please contact your local servicing dealership or the vehicle manufacturer before ordering. Texas Speed & Performance cannot accept return requests for parts due to vehicle warranty issues.
Warranty Parts: Most parts are warranted by the manufacturer, usually for 90 days from the date of purchase, unless specified otherwise. Parts used for racing or competition carry a manufacturer's defect warranty only. They are not warranted for breakage or wear under any circumstance. If you are returning electrical parts for warranty consideration please email customer service, as some manufacturers require the parts be sent directly back to the manufacturer. Texas Speed & Performance reserves the right to charge a restocking fee or refuse any parts that show evidence of being used or installed contrary to manufacturer's instructions, subjected to improper handling, packaging, or shipping by the customer. Labor charges by Non-Texas Speed & Performance facility are not covered.
Damaged or Missing Parts: In the event your order is damaged or items are missing it must be reported within seven days to 512-863-0900. Claims must be reported by invoice number and part number. Damaged or missing items will be claimed through the applicable shipping company. The customer will be refunded for any damaged or missing parts upon receipt of claim payment from the shipping company. The claim process usually takes 2 - 3 weeks.
Refunds for returns normally process and credit within 10 days from the date we receive your return at the warehouse. Once the return has been approved and processed, the refund will be credited to the credit card, Paypal account, or GoogleCheckout™ Account you used to buy the merchandise. Please be aware that your bank may take 4-7 business days to post the credit to your account or credit card. If you do not receive a credit after 17 days, please call us at 512-863-0900 and we will respond to you immediately. Shipping charges are not refundable. All return orders will be charged a 20% Restocking fee.
All information listed is subject to change without notice.