Here's a Kwik and easy solution to your LSx engine swap AC compressor problems
- You may have clearance issues with the frame or crossmember. That's especially true for
- chassis such as S-10s, early Camaros and Chevelles, and many full size Chevy pickups.
- You may be concerned about the LSx "variable displacement" compressor being
- compatible with your earlier factory AC system or with an aftermarket system.
Here's how to solve those problems:
- Use an aftermarket compressor like the popular Sanden.
- Mount it with a bracket kit from Kwik Performance, Inc., available in three different versions:
- Corvette; 98-02 Camaro & Firebird/GTO; and truck/2010-11 Camaro
Features and benefits
- Stresses and vibrations evaluated with Finite Element Analysis and prototype testing.
- Tensioner placed in its proper position – between the air conditioner compressor and the crankshaft pulley, in the “slack” portion of the belt.
- Belt and tensioner geometry optimized for proper belt tension – equivalent to OEM tension requirements.
- All pulleys aligned with each other within SAE specifications.
- Zinc plated fasteners used throughout for corrosion resistance and great appearance.
- All brackets made from 6061-T6 aluminum for light weight, good looks, and rust-free appearance. Matches the all-aluminum LSx engines.
- All plates are cut on a computer-controlled, ultra-high pressure water jet.
- All tensioners, pulleys, belts, compressors, alternators, etc. are standard, easily available items.
- Uses Sanden 508, SD5, or SD7 compressor.
What else is required to complete the installation:
- Front and rear compressor attachment plates.
- Water pump brace place.
- Spacer tubes
- Idler pulley mount.
- All fasteners needed to attach the brackets to the engine, and the compressor to the brackets.
- Smooth pulley for use on the tensioner.
- LS main belt tensioner with 6 groove pulley. (The pulley will be removed and used as the idler pulley.)
- Six-rib belt, length such that the tensioner indicator arrow is between the max and min marks.
- A Sanden air conditioner compressor, part number 4514 (SD5 series), 4522 (SD5 series), 4665 (SD7 series), or 9537 (508 series). In addition, because of the wide variety of Sanden compressors, other part numbers with the same pulley placement will work.
To obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) please call us at 512-863-0900. No returns will be accepted without an RMA number! Please include a copy of the original receipt with the return. All returns must be postage paid. No COD or Freight collect returns will be accepted. All returns must be packaged properly; we are not responsible for damaged returns that resulted from improper packing. Shipping charges are not refundable. All return orders will be charged a 20% Restocking Fee.
You may return any parts to Texas Speed & Performance within 30 days from your date of order. No returns will be accepted after the 30 days have expired. All parts to be returned must be in their original condition. Texas Speed & Performance is not responsible for installation errors or damage due to improper installation or abuse. Parts damaged due to improper installation or abuse, are not returnable, and we are not responsible for any labor expenses, towing, rental car, or other expenses caused by the use of wrong or defective parts during installation. Labor charges by Non-Texas Speed & Performance facility are not covered. It is the installer's responsibility to verify correctness of all parts prior to installation. Shipping charges are not refundable. All return orders will be charged a 20% Restocking Fee.
All defects in workmanship done by Texas Speed & Performance may be returned for repair, replacement or credit. All repair work will be performed by Texas Speed & Performance. Any unauthorized work done will void any warranty, repair, replacement, or credit that would normally be covered and will render the item as non-returnable.
Non-Returnable Parts: Special-Order Parts, Installed Parts, Painted Parts, and Custom Made Parts cannot be returned for credit for any reason. Electrical parts are not returnable for credit if plugged in or unsealed for any reason. Installed parts and electrical parts are only covered against manufacturer defects and are subject to a warranty exchange only, at the manufacturer's discretion. Labor charges by Non-Texas Speed & Performance facility are not covered.
When ordering parts and accessories for vehicles still under the manufacturer's warranty, it is the vehicle owners responsibility to ensure that the warranty will not be adversely affected by the installation of these parts. If in doubt, please contact your local servicing dealership or the vehicle manufacturer before ordering. Texas Speed & Performance cannot accept return requests for parts due to vehicle warranty issues.
Warranty Parts: Most parts are warranted by the manufacturer, usually for 90 days from the date of purchase, unless specified otherwise. Parts used for racing or competition carry a manufacturer's defect warranty only. They are not warranted for breakage or wear under any circumstance. If you are returning electrical parts for warranty consideration please email customer service, as some manufacturers require the parts be sent directly back to the manufacturer. Texas Speed & Performance reserves the right to charge a restocking fee or refuse any parts that show evidence of being used or installed contrary to manufacturer's instructions, subjected to improper handling, packaging, or shipping by the customer. Labor charges by Non-Texas Speed & Performance facility are not covered.
Damaged or Missing Parts: In the event your order is damaged or items are missing it must be reported within seven days to 512-863-0900. Claims must be reported by invoice number and part number. Damaged or missing items will be claimed through the applicable shipping company. The customer will be refunded for any damaged or missing parts upon receipt of claim payment from the shipping company. The claim process usually takes 2 - 3 weeks.
Refunds for returns normally process and credit within 10 days from the date we receive your return at the warehouse. Once the return has been approved and processed, the refund will be credited to the credit card, Paypal account, or GoogleCheckout™ Account you used to buy the merchandise. Please be aware that your bank may take 4-7 business days to post the credit to your account or credit card. If you do not receive a credit after 17 days, please call us at 512-863-0900 and we will respond to you immediately. Shipping charges are not refundable. All return orders will be charged a 20% Restocking fee.
All information listed is subject to change without notice.