SLP's New Long-Tube Headers feature 409 stainless steel construction
with 1-3/4" primary tubes flowing into a 3" 4-into-1 collector.
They're fully compatible with all stock emissions-control equipment
and use OEM flanges for a perfect fit and proper bolt retention. This
header package comes complete with a matching 3" y-pipe, a pair of 200
cell per inch high-flow catalytic converters, all necessary hardware
and detailed installation instructions.
SLP's New "Long Tube" Headers are another option to our current
popular "Tuned Length" Headers for your 1998-2002 LS F-Body. This new
Long Tube Design by SLP Performance Parts supports more Mid to Upper
RPM power compared to the Tuned Length Design. This gives you the
option to pick the header design that is best suited for your
application. The New Long Tube Headers will produce +11 HP and + 10
ft-lbs in the 4800-6200 RPM Range compared to the Tuned Length Design.
As the current Tuned Length Design will produce +7 HP and + 12 ft-lbs
additional in the 2600-3400 RPM range compared to the New Long Tube
YES there is a difference between a "TUNED LENGTH HEADER" and a "LONG
TUBE HEADER". A Tuned Length Header as can be seen on the dyno graph
below has primary lengths designed to provide power at a certain RPM
band. In the case of the SLP Tuned Length Header 2500-4000 RPM. While
a Long Tube Header has as long as possible primaries to provide the
best possible gain in the higher RPM ranges.
SLP headers will not fit automatic transmission-equipped convertibles.
Not legal for use on pollution-controlled motor vehicles.
For off-road use only.
SLP PERFORMANCE PARTS WILL CONTINUE TO OFFER BOTH HEADER DESIGNS AS
NOT ONE HEADER DESIGN IS PERFECT FOR ALL APPLICATIONS.
SLP Long Tube Headers Feature:
- 1-3/4" Primaries with 3" Collectors and matching 3" Y-Pipe for unrestricted flow.
- Mandrel bent to maximize flow.
- Are compatible with all factory emissions equipment.
- Polished aluminum-ceramic thermal-barrier coating (interior and
exterior surfaces) to keep heat in, exhaust velocity up, and under-hood
- High-Flow Metallic Substrate 200 cell/inch Catalyst Converters.
- More Horsepower and Torque in the Mid to Upper RPM range (over our tuned length design).
- No engine or transmission movement needed and no wiring for proper installation, a True Drop-in Design.
- Re-design allows for over 2" inches of ground clearance (over our tuned length design).
- Bolts to factory or SLP cat-back exhaust systems.
- Are covered by our Performance Guarantee and Limited Lifetime Warranty.