FREE GROUND SHIPPING IN LOWER 48 STATES!
LSX Bowtie Blocks Deliver the seemingly impossible
combination of professional racing level strength and entry-level
affordability, the LSX Block is the next revolution in high-performance
engine-building. This durable iron-block casting is based primarily on
GM's production LS7 block, but designed with more material in key
areas-including a thicker deck and bores-to support displacements of 500+
cubic inches or more, and unique six-bolts-per-cylinder head-clamping
capability that enables forced-induction and nitrous combinations of
greater than 2000 horsepower. Because the LSX Bowtie block is based on
production LS blocks, all of the LS-Series Gen IV cylinder heads,
crankshafts, oil pans, camshafts, and accessories bolt right up to it.
There is also a tall-deck version for building even larger engines. GM
Performance Parts delivers the LSX Bowtie Block semi-finished, allowing
you to finish it to your needs. Whether you're building a "tame"
500-horse street engine for your hot rod or a 1700 horsepower turbo
engine for an Outlaw drag racer, the LSX Bowtie Block is the foundation
for an unbeatable combination-at an unbeatable price!
- 100% CNC machined cast iron
- True priority main oiling
- 6 head bolts per cylinder
- Standard 4.400"" bore spacing
- Extra thick siamese cylinder bores
- Fully machined bores, ready to hone to fit
- Semi-finished, machined decks, ready to be decked to your specs.
- Increased deck thickness
- LS7 style 6 bolt ""dowel located"" main bearing caps
- Wet sump and dry sump cabability
- Deep skirted head bolt holes (same as OEM aluminum blocks)
- All stock bolt holes are stock thread size
- Maintains all OEM ""LS"" family exterior mounting features
- Front motor plate mounting holes added
- Added material around cam bearings for extra strength
- 8mm exterior/interior 5th and 6th head bolt holes
- All 5 cam bores machined for bearing # 12453169
- Standard .842"" lifter bores
- Screw-in soft plugs
- Accomodated any ""LS"" series oil pand and oil pump
- External oil pump feed at rear of block
- Main web bay to bay breathing holes for increased HP
- Access windows for cylinder head stud access (intake side)
- Extra breathing pocket added near starter for better windage
- Includes new cam retainer # 19166177, rear cover #19166178, lifter retainers #19166182 and OEM replacement cam bearings
Engine Builder Features:
- 3.880"" finished siamese bores (ready to be honed to your specifications)
- 9.72"" semi-finished standard deck height (ready to be decked to your specifications)
- Max. 4.375"" reccomended stroke
- Capable of 364 to 500 + C.I.D.
- Orange powder coat finish
- Accepts all Gen III & IV LS heads, cranks, cams etc.
- Approximate finished weight - 225 Lbs
- Front oil feed holes can be plugged or restricted for mechanical flat tappet or mechanical roller lifter cam applications
- Can be safely machined to 9.70"" deck height
- main bearing cap bolt threads can be machined for aftermarket 12mm fasteners
- Maximum 4.250"" bore (at .200"" wall thickness)
- 6-bolt head bolt pattern (for boosted applications)
- Machined for 8mm inner and outer 5th and 6th head bolts
- Standard bolt holes can be machined for larger diameter lifters and/or bronze bushings
- Front oil feed lines can be plugged and external oil pump and/or
aftermarket dry sump oil systems can be used via oil pump feed at rear
of block - may be required with certain long stroke & aluminum rod
- Belt cam drive systems can be accomodated (some machining will be required)
- External oil pump feed at rear of block
- 7th transmission bolt has been added (per early SBC) stud can be installed for sanctioning body requirements
- Front motor plate can be used for racing chassis applications
- Threaded water plugs can be used for external heaters or coolers
To obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) please call us at 512-863-0900. No returns will be accepted without an RMA number! Please include a copy of the original receipt with the return. All returns must be postage paid. No COD or Freight collect returns will be accepted. All returns must be packaged properly; we are not responsible for damaged returns that resulted from improper packing. Shipping charges are not refundable. All return orders will be charged a 20% Restocking Fee.
You may return any parts to Texas Speed & Performance within 30 days from your date of order. No returns will be accepted after the 30 days have expired. All parts to be returned must be in their original condition. Texas Speed & Performance is not responsible for installation errors or damage due to improper installation or abuse. Parts damaged due to improper installation or abuse, are not returnable, and we are not responsible for any labor expenses, towing, rental car, or other expenses caused by the use of wrong or defective parts during installation. Labor charges by Non-Texas Speed & Performance facility are not covered. It is the installer's responsibility to verify correctness of all parts prior to installation. Shipping charges are not refundable. All return orders will be charged a 20% Restocking Fee.
All defects in workmanship done by Texas Speed & Performance may be returned for repair, replacement or credit. All repair work will be performed by Texas Speed & Performance. Any unauthorized work done will void any warranty, repair, replacement, or credit that would normally be covered and will render the item as non-returnable.
Non-Returnable Parts: Special-Order Parts, Installed Parts, Painted Parts, and Custom Made Parts cannot be returned for credit for any reason. Electrical parts are not returnable for credit if plugged in or unsealed for any reason. Installed parts and electrical parts are only covered against manufacturer defects and are subject to a warranty exchange only, at the manufacturer's discretion. Labor charges by Non-Texas Speed & Performance facility are not covered.
When ordering parts and accessories for vehicles still under the manufacturer's warranty, it is the vehicle owners responsibility to ensure that the warranty will not be adversely affected by the installation of these parts. If in doubt, please contact your local servicing dealership or the vehicle manufacturer before ordering. Texas Speed & Performance cannot accept return requests for parts due to vehicle warranty issues.
Warranty Parts: Most parts are warranted by the manufacturer, usually for 90 days from the date of purchase, unless specified otherwise. Parts used for racing or competition carry a manufacturer's defect warranty only. They are not warranted for breakage or wear under any circumstance. If you are returning electrical parts for warranty consideration please email customer service, as some manufacturers require the parts be sent directly back to the manufacturer. Texas Speed & Performance reserves the right to charge a restocking fee or refuse any parts that show evidence of being used or installed contrary to manufacturer's instructions, subjected to improper handling, packaging, or shipping by the customer. Labor charges by Non-Texas Speed & Performance facility are not covered.
Damaged or Missing Parts: In the event your order is damaged or items are missing it must be reported within seven days to 512-863-0900. Claims must be reported by invoice number and part number. Damaged or missing items will be claimed through the applicable shipping company. The customer will be refunded for any damaged or missing parts upon receipt of claim payment from the shipping company. The claim process usually takes 2 - 3 weeks.
Refunds for returns normally process and credit within 10 days from the date we receive your return at the warehouse. Once the return has been approved and processed, the refund will be credited to the credit card, Paypal account, or GoogleCheckout™ Account you used to buy the merchandise. Please be aware that your bank may take 4-7 business days to post the credit to your account or credit card. If you do not receive a credit after 17 days, please call us at 512-863-0900 and we will respond to you immediately. Shipping charges are not refundable. All return orders will be charged a 20% Restocking fee.
All information listed is subject to change without notice.