Redesigned and now offered with instant center adjustment!
This torque arm is now supplied with pivot brackets that allow
(2) settings to allow easy instant center adjustment. By simply moving
the torque arm into the next location you can automatically change the
instant center point of the vehicle. This is very crucial on low to
mid horse-power cars and can easily lower 60-foot times.
This unit is designed with a drop down front cross member to clear
most to all aftermarket header/y-pipe set-ups on the market. This
system has been confirmed to clear with Hooker Header/y-pipe system,
American Racing headers /y-pipe, Pacesetter headers with Pacesetter
y-pipe and TSP y-pipe also SLP header/y-pipe system as well as many
Front Drive Shaft Loop
- This item is not supplied
with a built in drive shaft loop. Please see item # 2203 for this
torque arm with built in front drive shaft loop.
Item Will Not Fit
- This item may not clear the QTP y-pipe, please check before purchasing.
- Track abuse, street abuse, or just
flat-out abuse, this torque arm is designed to handle it all! Eliminate
unwanted traction problems by adding a UMI Performance Tunnel Braced
Mounted Torque Arm. This aftermarket torque arm replaces the flimsy
weak stock torque arm adding strength, rigidity and eliminating flex.
Our torque arm design relocates the front torque arm mounting point off
the transmission tail shaft protecting the transmission and preventing
damage. A shorter torque arm improves weight transfer on acceleration.
General Motors tail shaft mounted design works great for a stock
driven vehicle however it is not designed to take abuse. This set-up
bolts to existing floor pan holes using 0.500” thick mild steel CNC
machined mounting plates and metric grade 10.9 hardware. The complete
cross brace is constructed of 0.120” thick rectangular tubing and
attaches to the torque arm using 0.250” thick mild steel mounting pivot
plates with Grade 8 hardware. The torque arm is attached to the
supplied cross brace using an Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing
set-up on both the supplied cross brace and torque arm (See Picture
Below). Polyurethane was chosen as a mounting point to keep road noise
at a minimum and eliminate unwanted “clunks” found with other set-ups
available. The grease-able polyurethane bushings absorb road
irregularities and protect noise from entering the passenger
compartment. The rear mounts feature 0.375” thick CNC machined mounting
plates and are appropriately drilled to fit your stock rear as well as
aftermarket 12-Bolt and 9” Rear-end housings. This set-up requires no
welding or drilling and can be installed with basic hand tools; this is
a complete bolt-in design.
Torque Arm Benefits:
- Removes torque arm from transmission tail shaft protecting from damage
- Eliminates wheel hop and solves traction problems
- Reduces front end nose dive during braking
- Allows for on-car pinion angle adjustments
- Polyurethane bushings designed to keep road noise at a minimum
- Front mounting point utilizes a grease-able pivot point
- Bolt-on design requires no welding or drilling!
- Constructed of 1.250” x 0.120” DOM Seamless Steel Tubing
- Front Cross Member uses 0.120” x 2.000” Rectangular Tubing
- TIG Welded 4140 Chrome Moly Tube Adaptors
- On-Car Adjuster Built using 4140 Chrome Moly Steel and Heat Treated
for Maximum Strength
- Front Pivot Mount is supplied with Grade 8 Mounting Hardware and
- All Polyurethane Bushings are Grease-able to Prolong Bushing Life
- All Mounting plates are CNC Machined to insure hole to hole accuracy
- Rear Mounting Plates use 0.375” Thick Mild Steel and are designed to
fit Stock as well as 12- Bolt and 9” Rear-End Housings.
- Rear Mounts feature Solid QA1 ¾” Rod Ends and are attached using
Grade 8 Hardware
- Brilliant Durable Powder Coat
- Chrome Moly version uses 1.250" x
0.095" 4130 Chrome Moly steel feature 100% TIG welded process. This
adds increased strength and reduces product weight, recommended for
vehicles running 10.50’s and faster in the ¼ mile.
Rear Torque Arm Hardware Kit
- We highly recommend
purchasing a new hardware kit if running this torque arm on a stock
rear-end, Strange or other similar rear-ends that use a straight
through bolt design. OEM torque arm bolts will work however are
slightly too short and may not work correctly. If you are running a
Moser Engineering 12-Bolt rear-end this kit is not needed, you must
reuse hardware supplied by Moser Engineering. This kit however is
recommend for the Moser 9”.
1993 - 2002 Chevrolet Camaro
1993 - 2002 Pontiac Firebird